Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Cards, Benefactors, & Prayer Requests

 

As we get back to life in the Big Woods Mission for the few days we have left we have put up some of the pictures, Christmas Cards, and the cards we have received from our benefactors. The best part of looking at the benefactor cards, besides knowing that one of our friends or acquaintances has decided that what we are doing is worthy of financial support is that they trust us with their prayer requests. It is hard to explain how much grace we receive when we see your prayer requests and think enough of us to share them. I remember sending money to causes I felt were worthy and seeing the place for prayer requests and thinking, “I wonder if they really read these and then if they take time to pray for them”  It gave me comfort to think that, “I bet they do” and also I felt the freedom to share with them my real concerns.  My point is, we do read them, pray about them, and generally hold your prayer requests in our hearts. It is a real privilege to be able to pray for your needs,requests, and concerns.

The Body of Christ is a wonderful place where we hold each other up, share each others lives, and are bound together in mystical ways .

Ephesians 4:1-6

1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called, 2 with all lowliness and meekness, with patience, forbearing one another in love, 3eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call, 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of us all, who is above all and through all and in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment