Thursday, October 13, 2016

The adventure of of serving God



Standing on the shore of decision, 
looking into the face of adventure, 
desire to abandon all I know
what pushes me is rooted somewhere
between misunderstanding and knowing
knowing that what I want to understand is not within my reach 
so I ponder my escape. 
not knowing what lies ahead
adventure in theory is full of excitement and bleeds with passion for life
adventure in reality is full of breathless moments and silent nights and 
wounds that leave scars of memories on a heart
     
 Can I go the distance?  

Can I give all my mind to get what the messenger is saying?

Can I surrender the knowing? 

Will i survive the humility of ignorance to obtain the treasure earthly gold cannot buy?

Will i ask the question of honesty even if the answer convicts my soul and

sends me to the land of repentance?

words from a song, Cageless Birds by Melissa Helser





No comments:

Post a Comment