Tuesday, March 20, 2012

quick post from my trip to the Philippines

Trip to the Philippines!
(a quick post)
      Recently our family experienced something we have not experienced many times and not at all since our family grew to 8, 9, and 10 children. I left to family.....I was gone for 18 days. This was very difficult, to be away from my family, thankfully the Lord knows each of our personalities and sent me to the Philippines. The Filipinos are such a family centered society so being away from my own family was made endurable by holding other peoples babies and enjoying their families! 
We went with our mission team in Malaybalay to San Isidro College: http://www.sic.edu.ph/ and got to hold a baby while the mothers are making pillows at a workshop hosted by the college. 

Malaybalay is such a beautiful place! We are praying the Lord will send us there!
 Joseph and myself with the Malaybalay mission team: The Romero family, Sarah, Rebekah, and Susanna.
Also in the picture some of our friends from the college and the president of the community at Isla Bonita. There is a special bond between fellow missionaries! What a privilege to get to visit the mission team!

Pictures of the Benedictine College Group that came for Spring Break. What an amazing group! There hearts were so open to follow what the Lord had planned for the week. I learned a lot. I hope to post more in detail....



In the center front row, our wonderful cooks!


No comments:

Post a Comment