Family Mission Company has two short term mission trips going on right now. One to General Cepeda, where we went during our training. We also have a trip that is in Ecuador. The team in Ecuador had a bunch of stuff stolen yesterday, computer, cell phones, cameras.....
FMC is expanding to do more stateside ministry, specifically a youth program and continuing the weekly mission formation, but both are taking place at the old Dominican Convent that we spent so much time working at during our formation. FMC and all the teams need to be held up in prayer. I think it is easy to think that the items on our prayer lists that we don't get to see the results of our prayers for are not doing any good. This is just not the case, all the prayers we make for other people in the Body of Christ are of the utmost importance and we will not see all the results until heaven. So please continue to pray for FMC and all their works in your prayers(this obviously includes us and our mission post)
Some of the things we are praying for as we pray our mission into being are:
- The Bishop, priests, clergy, and religious we will be working with
- That the people the Lord sends us to minister to will good soil for the Gospel to grow in
- that we would have generous hearts and love for all those we come in contact with
- for benefactors with generous heats of prayer for our post
- protection and safety
- local help for the team
- Adequate housing
- the Lord would show us poor to serve
- a schedule that works well for the whole team
I thank all those that take the time to read this blog, with all the information and stuff that is out there for us to do in our American culture, it can be hard to take time to read something like this.